As a first-time mama, I was pretty clueless when it came to registering for baby. I turned to Pinterest for the majority of my research and checked off all the “must-have” products. I received an overwhelming number of wonderful gifts and made a lot of neat purchases myself, but over the past month these are the items that I have used every day without fail.
- HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper Bassinet: This was a gift from Jesse’s parents. I love that it allows Merritt to sleep right beside me without actually being in the bed. We have the most basic model and love it, but I would definitely opt for the fancier version next time!
- Zip-up Footed Sleepers: These little guys are the current go-to for Merritt’s wardrobe. They are so convenient for the eight hundred diaper changes throughout the day, plus they’re easy to remove if she happens to have a blow out. Ain’t nobody got time to struggle with two-piece outfits when you’re just snuggling at the house all day! We have tried several different brands – Carters, Garanimals, Gerber, Walmart-exclusive, Target-exclusive, etc. – they’re all great!
- Fisher-Price Deluxe Newborn Auto Rock ‘n Play Sleeper with Smart Connect: An A+ gift from a sweet family friend who told us this was a lifesaver when she had a newborn. Merritt LOVES this thing! It plays music, vibrates, and rocks at a high or low speed. I have to give a big shout out to Fisher-Price and their excellent customer service, because the gifted model was actually broken and we had no gift receipt and had already tossed the packaging before realizing that it was damaged. I contacted Fisher-Price and they didn’t hesitate to send us a brand new model.
- Boppy Nursing Pillow and Positioner: I will admit that I am already spoiled by my Boppy! I wish I could take it with me everywhere, because it makes nursing so much easier! I also use it to prop Merritt up in a sitting position and for tummy time.
- WubbaNub Infant Pacifier: If you choose to give your baby a pacifier, this one is the best! Merritt loves the paci itself and the little toy attachment can rest on her chest so she doesn’t lose the paci as often. Plus, she sometimes falls asleep hugging the toy and it’s the CUTEST thing ever! She has the giraffe pictured, but she just might get the cat and the cow for Christmas.
I really love these five products and wouldn’t want to go through the newborn stage without them!